Wow. 2015 was such a different year. At the end of 2014, which was the worst, most painful, most difficult time of my entire life, I swore that I would take charge of my life again and be successful. As 2015 came to a close, I realized that I had done exactly what I intended to do. I’ve definitely spent this year being extremely successful in my career.
I visited some people I haven’t seen in a long time and even visited a state I’ve never been to before. Now, I only have five states left before I’ve been to all 50 states within the United States. All of those are in the upper northeastern portion of the U.S. and I should get a chance to drive up there this summer.
I went on this amazing motorcycle adventure and there was river kayaking and rocks and really fantastic strangers.
I attended something like four or five classes to help me become better at the job I’m doing now. From all appearances, I’m doing this job extremely well. This job is a lot of fun and I’m learning a lot about things.
I accomplished enough of the goals I set for 2015 that I feel like it was a successful year. My career is going some really fascinating places and I’m excited for what 2016 will bring.
- I’d like to read a book a week and post a review of it. This should get me 52 newly read books at the end of 2016.
- I’d like to watch a movie a week and post a review about it. Which should also give me 52 movie reviews at the end of 2016.
- I’m going to finish Surveyors in the next couple of months. It’s the most fun I’ve ever had writing and even if it never gets a home with a publishing company, it’s a story that makes me smile while I write it, and that’s good enough for me.
- If everything goes well, I’ll be graduating from SHU with my MFA in June.
- I’d like to travel to the last five states in the upper northeastern part of the U.S. sometime this year, which means I will then have been to all 50 states.
- I am going to get my Teaching English as a Second Language certification sometime early in 2016.
- I think it would be great if I did at least 30 minutes of cardio every day during 2016.
- I’d like to put closer to 10% of my earnings into savings for my retirement cabin during 2016.
- I’d like to attend the World Fantasy Convention 2016 in Ohio.
- Above all things, I would very much like for Adventure Buddy to give our friendship another chance.