I guess the thing with New Year’s resolutions or goals is that they have to be quantifiable and something I can actually accomplish. The goals I set can’t be easily reachable, though. They have to be things that will force me to push myself.
01. Revise Accept Fire and Blood and submit it to at least one publishing avenue.
02. Read two of the unread books from the shelves per month.
03. Write book reviews for all books I read.
04. Finish the first draft of a new book.
05. Write 2000 words per week.
06. Post here at least once a week with writing-related topics.
07. Keep a word count log of how many words I write or delete a day.
08. Read at least one writing improvement book per month and write a review about it.
09. Submit 5 real queries before the end of the year to agents.
10. Set up a small, online critique group for continuing writing improvments.