While I was not tagged for this, I did find it over at Odd and Bookish. It looked like fun so I’m going to do it 🙂
1. How many books do you usually read at once?
I can only read one book at a time, but I definitely will binge and entire series back-to-back.
2. If you’re reading more than one book at a time, how do you decide when to switch books?
The only time I read more than one book at a time is when I’m reading something for fun and then I have to read things for work. Usually, I will switch books when the work reading gets too boring or dry and then I will read something for fun until I can get back in the right mood for work reading.
3. Do you ever switch bookmarks while you’re partway through a book?
I don’t even have a dedicated bookmark. I know I do actually own real bookmarks but I am more likely to use whatever is located nearby to mark my place in a book. Right now, that is video game notes on an old computer game I’m working on with a friend.
4. Where do you keep the book(s) you’re currently reading?
Usually on the ottoman next to the couch but sometimes on the breakfast bar.
5. What time of day do you spend the most time reading?
Since I have a job with regular and mostly predictable hours, I read in the evenings and weekends.
6. How long do you typically read in one sitting?
I will read until the book is finished.
7. Do you read hardbacks with the dust jacket on or off?
Any hardbacks I read are always with the dust jacket on so I can use the cover for a bookmark.
8. What position do you mainly use to read?
I will read however I am comfortable and since I generally read a book in one sitting, I change positions rather frequently.
9. Do you take the book you’re currently reading with you everywhere you go?
No. My books tend to stay at home unless I’m travelling and then I might take it with me.
10. How often do you update your Goodreads progress on the book you’re currently reading?
This is probably a really horrible thing to say as both a reader and writer, but I don’t even have a Goodreads account.
I don’t actually tag people for things because I figure that if anyone is out there and they want to participate, they are free to do so, but will feel no pressure from me to do so 🙂
Thanks for reading and feel free to drop me a note and say hi 🙂